Newport News, Va. – Victor Weaver scored his fourth goal of the season, but the Lions could not overcome the Captains offensive attack falling 4-1. The Lions drew six corner kicks in the first half, but could not capitalize on any of those opportunities.
Penn State Harrisburg 1 vs Christopher Newport 4
Penn State Harrisburg Starters:
Christopher Newport Starters:
Pedini, Grace, Zeitoun, Seifert, Gogolin, Pillow, Maeso, Cook, Sallah, Douglass, Durbin
Inside the Numbers:
- Team Records: Penn State Harrisburg (10-6, 3-3) vs Christopher Newport (11-2, 6-0)
- Shots: Harrisburg 3 vs Christopher Newport 25
- Shots on Goal: Harrisburg 2 vs Christopher Newport 12
- Corner Kicks: Harrisburg 7 vs Christopher Newport 1
- Saves: Harrisburg 8 vs Christopher Newport 1
How it Happened:
Penn State Harrisburg got off to slow start, giving up two goals in the first 15 minutes of the game. The Lions settled in and the offense drew 6 corner kicks in the half. The Captains would score two more goals in the 40th and 44th minutes to extend their lead to 4-0. The second half was played more evenly with the Lions offense getting on the scoreboard in the 73rd minute when Victor Weaver scored on a set piece, driving the ball from 40 yards out into the upper left corner.
Penn State Harrisburg:
Victor Weaver- 1 Goal
Penn State Harrisburg will be back in action Wednesday October 18th when they travel to Frostburg St. at 7:00 PM