Elizabethtown 3, Penn State Harrisburg 0
(25-17, 25-22, 25-21)
Kreider, Sheaffer, Ebaugh, Buckingham, Snyder, Ruff, Morris (L)
Fischer, Hanks, Shatto, Yohe, Miller, Westman, Tietze-Ditoro (L)
How It Happened
Penn State Harrisburg dropped a 3-0 decision to local foe Elizabethtown in non-conference play at the Capital Union Building on Thursday night, Oct. 10, falling by set scores of 25-17, 25-22 and 25-21.
The Lions (9-9) fell behind in the early going of set one before a rally during a Corrinne Cook service span drew the home team to within 14-13 following a kill by Cheyanna Buckingham. From there, Etown (18-7) closed out the game on a decisive 11-4 run.
The second set saw the Blue & White erase an early deficit and pull ahead to the tune of a 16-9 advantage following back-to-back kills by Buckingham off assists from Alyssa Snyder. From there it was a back-and-forth affair that saw the Blue Jays claw back and hold on for a slim 25-22 set win.
The final set was even at 16-16 midway through the game following an Ebaugh kill off a Snyder assist. Unfortunately for the home team, the visitors went on a 9-5 run to close things out, take the third set and the match.
Inside the Numbers
- Anna Ruff led the way offensively with eight kills.
- Brittany Ebaugh and Cheyana Buckingham racked up seven kills each.
- Ebaugh added three total blocks and hit .700 on the night.
- Alyssa Snyder assisted on 28 kills.
- Kreider and Corrinne Cook accounted for the team's service aces.
- Olivia Koicuba came away with eight digs, while Cook added seven of her own.
- Etown's Bryanna Miller recorded a match-high 13 kills.
The Lions will host North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) foes Wells and Keuka for quad match action at Spooky Nook Sports in Lancaster, Pa. on Saturday afternoon, Oct. 12.