Alma Mater - Ithaca College
- Becky Cecere is in her ninth year as Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Tennis at Penn State Harrisburg. During that time she has built successful programs for both teams, which have included many “firsts” for the Penn State Harrisburg athletic program. In the very first year of NCAA competition, the men’s team was the runner up in the NEAC Conference. In the spring of 2009, the women’s team became the first intercollegiate team at Penn State Harrisburg to win the NEAC conference title in both the regular season and at the championship tournament. Cecere was named NEAC Women’s Tennis Coach of the Year.
- Not to be outdone, the men’s team won the NEAC conference in both regular season and the conference tournaments for both 2011 and 2012. In 2012, the conference was granted the automatic qualifier, so the team advanced to the regional first round of NCAA tournament, another first for athletics at Harrisburg. Cecere was voted NEAC Men’s Tennis Coach of the Year in 2012.
- Coach Cecere is certified by the United States Professional Tennis Association as an Elite Professional, and has earned the designation of Specialist in Competitive Player Development by graduating from the USTA’s High Performance Coaching Program. She is also certified by the Professional Tennis Registry. In addition, in 2012, Cecere had the honor of being named USPTA Middle States College Coach of the Year.
- Additionally, Cecere currently continues to serve, as she has for many years, on the High Performance Committee/Coaches Commission for the Middle States Section of the United States Tennis Association. She is also a past-president of the Central Penn District of the USTA, served as a national coach for the Northeast Zone Team 16s Championships in St. Louis for ten years, was the administrator and coach for the Central Penn Competition Training Center of the USTA (a national player development program), and has served in other numerous capacities over the years. Prior to coming to Penn State Harrisburg, Cecere was Head Women’s Tennis Coach at Dickinson College for eight years, where she built a regionally recognized program. Cecere is a graduate of the NCAA Women Coaches Academy (2010) and is a charter member of the Alliance of Women Coaches.
- Coach Cecere was appointed to the NCAA Division III Women’s Tennis Committee in 2011, serving as chair of the Atlantic South Regional Advisory Committee. She is currently the National Committee Chair of Division III Women’s Tennis where she oversees regional and national rankings, as well as selections for the NCAA tournament. She continues to serve as chair of the Atlantic South RAC committee.
- Cecere is a graduate of Ithaca College (where she was on the women’s tennis team) and holds a master’s degree in Journalism and Graphic Arts from Texas A & M University-Commerce.