Hilton Head, S.C. - The Penn State Harrisburg women's tennis team struggled against an extremely strong Gettysburg College on Wednesday March 12th.
The Blue and White #1 singles player Theodora Avramidis (Vernon, N.J. / Vernon Township) and # 2 singles player Stephanie Harnden (Hershey, Pa. / Hershey) were the only women to win games during singles action.
They were able to make a push for a double win as Avramidis and Harnden played together and lost at the # doubles spot 8-4.
Head Coach Becky Cecere was happy with the teams effort and progress they are getting out of the Spring break trip. "This trip has been extremely beneficial in getting us prepared for our upcoming season in the CAC. It has been a great experience for the team."
Penn State Harrisburg ends their trip on Thursday when they face off against Ithaca University.
Gettysburg 9, Penn State Harrisburg 0
1. Anastasia Mogilevski (GC) def. Theodora Avramidis (PSH) 6-0, 6-1
2. Laura Gradiska (GC) def. Stephanie Harnden (PSH) 6-0, 6-1
3. Isabelle Rodriguez (GC) def. Morgan Acker (PSH) 6-0, 6-0
4. Maggie McLaughlin (GC) def. Laura Lin (PSH) 6-0, 6-0
5. Lindsay Morris (GC) def. Abby Li (PSH) 8-0
6. Sotherd Steer (GC) def. Joyce Cheng (PSH) 8-0
1. Anastasia Mogilevski/Laura Gradiska (GC) def. Theodora Avramidis/Stephanie Harnden (PSH) 8-4
2. Maggie McLaughlin/Isabelle Rodriguez (GC) def. Morgan Acker/Laura Lin (PSH) 8-0
3. Gillian Minnerly/Holly Johnson (GC) def. Abby Li/Joyce Cheng (PSH) 8-0