NEAC Tournament First Round
Penn State Harrisburg 3, Lancaster Bible 2
Haladay, Stark, Radanovic, S. Hemler, Sharrow, Moore, Socash, Vavrek, Clippinger, Kosovac, Bressler
Mikula, Rogers, Mylin, J. Moore, Miller, Koons, A. Moore, Arnold, Donaldson, Allebach, Kouterick
How It Happened
Penn State Harrisburg scored twice in the final 20 minutes to complete the comeback, defeat Lancaster Bible 3-2 at Nittany Soccer Field on Tuesday afternoon and advance in the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) Tournament.
The Lions (10-9-1) trailed 2-1 late in the second half when Rhyan Socash was fouled just outside the 18-yard box by a pair of LBC defenders. Madison Hemler took the ensuing free kick and put her attempt into the back of the net to tie things up with 19:12 left to play.
Then it was Socash's turn, as the midfielder turned a Charger turnover into a breakaway before netting the game winner when she found twine with less than six minutes to play.
Socash opened the game's scoring with a strike off an assist from Kristen Stark in the 11th minute before the Chargers (9-10) pulled ahead behind back-to-back scores from Jackie Moore in the 16th and 17th minutes, respectively.
Inside the Numbers
- The victory was Penn State Harrisburg's first playoff win since 2012.
- The Lions outshot Lancaster Bible 18-to-9 overall and 12-to-7 in shots on frame.
- The Blue & White racked up 11 corner kicks, compared to just two for the Chargers.
- Rhyan Socash's pair of scores increased her team-leading goal total to 13 on the year.
- Socash's second marker was her fourth game winner of the season.
- Madison Hemler's strike was her third of the fall.
- Kristen Stark's helper was her 10th total point of the year.
- Goalkeeper Hannah Williams made four saves in earning the victory.
- Starter Katie Kosovac turned one shot away in the first half.
- LBC's Erin Mikula made nine saves in goal in a losing effort.
The Lions advance to the semifinal round of the NEAC Tournament where they will take on Keuka at Penn State Berks on Saturday, Nov. 9. Kickoff is set for 2 p.m.