Penn State Harrisburg 2, Morrisville State 0
Haladay, Stark, Radanovic, S. Hemler, Holthaus, Sharrow, Socash, Vavrek, Clippinger, Williams, Bressler
Miller, Fazio, Marquez, Kelly, Tette, Shoemaker, Maricano, Rinaldi, Franklin, McGee, Dicenzo
How It Happened
Penn State Harrisburg ended its recent two-game skid by shutting out North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) foe Morrisville State 2-0 on the road on Saturday afternoon, Oct. 13.
With less than a minute remaining in the first half, Samantha Day broke a scoreless tie and put the Lions (6-6-1, 4-1-1 NEAC) on the board when she converted an attempt off a Sydney Hemler helper in the 44th minute.
The Blue & White preserved the one-goal lead late into the second half before Rhyan Socash took advantage of a Morrisville State (4-8, 2-4 NEAC) foul in the box and put the game away by converting a penalty kick in the 82nd minute.
The visitors kept the Mustangs from getting off a shot the rest of the way and finished off day one of their weekend road trip to New York with a shutout victory.
Inside the Numbers
- Saturday's win was the team's first shutout victory of the fall.
- The Lions outshot Morrisville State 19-to-5 overall.
- Penn State Harrisburg also finished with a 10-to-1 edge in shots on target.
- The Blue & White earned four corner kicks, while the Mustangs managed a pair.
- Samantha Day's game winner was her second goal of the year.
- Rhyan Socash's marker was her team-leading fourth of the season.
- Hannah Williams needed to make just one save in goal to preserve the victory.
- Morrisville goalkeeper Meaghan Miller made eight stops on the day.
It's right back to work for Penn State Harrisburg, as the Lions are set to wrap up their weekend at Cazenovia on Sunday afternoon, Oct. 13.