Scranton 3, Penn State Harrisburg 0
Arnold, Haladay, Fake, Lowery, Smedley, Smith, Sharrow, Socash, Vavrek, Hemler, Bressler
Speckhart, Davies, Misson, Trainor, Barquin, Dempsey, Arrigan, Kenawy, McKee, Mickens, Naiman
How It Happened
A pair of goals in the closing minutes sealed Scranton's 3-0 victory over Penn State Harrisburg at the Royals' Weiss Field on Wednesday night, Oct. 3.
Defense proved a driving force for the talented Scranton squad (9-0-1), as the team's back unit allowed just one shot by the Lions (5-6-1) on the evening.
On the offensive end, it was Juliana Corradi who got the scoring started for the home team, finishing off a feed from Steph Lowrey in the 26th minute.
The Blue & White remained within striking distance for the next 50 minutes or so until Erin Toburen doubled the Royals' advantage with a strike with 14:38 remaining in the second half. Scranton added an insurance goal when Toburen netted her second marker of the night less than two minutes later, this time off a rebounded attempt from Jessica Letherbarrow.
With no corner kick opportunities to speak of, the Lions best chance at a tally came in the fourth minute but Kaeleigh Smedley's shot missed the mark wide right.
Inside the Numbers
- The Royals outshot Harrisburg 23-1, with the home team racking up 12 shots on goal.
- Scranton racked up 11 corner kick opportunities.
- Goalkeeper Kayla Arnold made six saves on the day for Penn State Harrisburg.
- Casey Albright spelled Arnold in the closing minutes and made a pair of stops in a reserve role.
- The Royals' Jessica Letherbarrow got off a game-high four shots on goal.
The Lions will look to bounce back when they host Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) foe Salisbury on Saturday afternoon.