Palmyra, Pa.- Penn State Harrisburg and the Elizabethtown Blue Jays were forced to wait an additional day due to weather delays to play this highly anticipated match. After an impressive effort from both teams, the Lions Erica Hile produced the only goal to give Harrisburg a 1-0 OT win.
Penn State Harrisburg 1 vs Elizabethtown 0 OT
Penn State Harrisburg Starters:
Parks, Anders, Lasky, Wilkinson, Barna, Conlon, Morales, Hoagland, Hughes, Boretti, and Burnham
Inside the Numbers:
- Team Records: Penn State Harrisburg (3-0) vs Elizabethtown (1-1)
- Shots: Harrisburg 7 vs Elizabethtown 16
- Shots on Goal: Harrisburg 3 vs Elizabethtown 6
- Corner Kicks: Harrisburg 2 vs Elizabethtown 3
- Saves: Harrisburg 6 vs Elizabethtown 2
How it Happened:
- The Lions battled to draw throughout regulation, dealing with a wet field and rainy conditions
- The Lions relied on outstanding defensive play from Rachel Asper and six key saves by goalie Kayla Arnold to keep the game scoreless and sending it into overtime.
- The Lions broke through in the 94th minute when a loose ball found its way to Erica Hile's feet at the 18. She blasted a shot into the upper right corner to give the Lions the win.
Thoughts from Coach Clay:
"I really proud of the girl's efforts. It was an important and exciting win. The girls played with desire and determination every minute and were rewarded in the end. I was extremely proud of our left back Rachel (Asper), who played the best game I have seen since she's been with us.'
Penn State Harrisburg:
Penn State Harrisburg will be back in action at the Catholic Tournament on Saturday September 9 against Randolph-Macon at 12:00 PM.