– The Penn State Harrisburg women's soccer team used early goals from Kristen Stark and Madison Hemler to take control in their home opening match up against Delaware Valley. The Lions dominated play for most of the contest, holding the Aggies to three total shots.
Penn State Harrisburg 3 vs Delaware Valley 0
Penn State Harrisburg Starters:
Delaware Valley Starters:
Young, Myers, Grein, Turnbaugh, Hallman, Eck, Boyer, Millili, Williams, Davis, and Gibson
Inside the Numbers:
- Team Records: Penn State Harrisburg (1-0) vs Delaware Valley (0-1)
- Shots: Harrisburg 28 vs Delaware Valley 3
- Shots on Goal: Harrisburg 17 vs Delaware Valley 1
- Corner Kicks: Harrisburg 5 vs Delaware Valley 2
- Saves: Harrisburg 1 vs Delaware Valley 14
How it Happened:
- After a few early opportunities, Kristen Stark found the back of the net in the 12th minute to give the Lions the lead. Christina Smith delivered a world class pass to give Stark the opportunity to finish.
- Madison Hemler blasted a ball past the goalie in the 22nd minute giving the Lions a 2-0 advantage.
- Hemler was back at it in the 40th minute when she finished a corner kick played in by Romina Dichio to give the Lions a 3-0 advantage.
- With the big lead, Coach Clay had an opportunity to get some early playing time for his team. All-in-all, 22 players took part in the contest.
- The Lions controlled play during the second half taking 16 shots, but were not able to capitalize on any of those opportunities
Thoughts from Coach Clay:
"Overall very great start to the season, we have a couple of things we need to clean up. I think the only disappointment was the lack of competitiveness in the second half, but overall it was a positive game. I think it was a great start for us and gives us the momentum we needed to come into tomorrow's game with a quality win under our belt.
Penn State Harrisburg:
Penn State Harrisburg will be back in action tomorrow, September 2nd, on the road against Lancaster Bible at 4:30 PM.