Ross Patrick enters the 2017-2018 season in his 10th year as head coach of Penn State Harrisburg Women’s Basketball. He is only the 2nd head coach in the program’s 11 year history, and won his 100th game on January 5th, 2017 with a 71-58 victory of Southern Virginia.
- Academic Reputation is Penn State Harrisburg's hallmark--nationally accredited programs, award-winning faculty, and the resources of a world-class research university. Our team success begins in the classroom, and during the tenure of Coach Patrick there have been 43 players that have earned the distinction of being named NEAC or CAC Conference All-Academic Scholar-Athletes.
- Athletically, Coach Patrick has overseen the recognition of 8 NEAC or CAC All-Conference Players, has coached multiple 1,000 point scorers, and had the honor of helping develop the program’s All-Time Leading Scorer Kaitlyn Carmo ’17 (1,168 points).
MOTIVATED. PASSIONATE. COMMITTED. These are just a few words that can be used to describe the persona of the Lions head coach.
“Having relationships that are REAL and AUTHENTIC allow us to seek success without the fear of failure, because we know that just before the greatest team achievements comes the greatest amount of individual sacrifice and the WHAT IF becomes WHAT IS!”
"I believe the key to building a successful basketball program is all about building relationships," said Patrick. "The relationships we initiate with players and their families during the recruiting process, the relationships we build amongst our staff and administration and most importantly the facilitation of relationships amongst our players and their campus community.”
- Before arriving at Penn State Harrisburg, Coach Patrick spent eight seasons as the assistant women’s basketball coach at Elizabethtown College for the Yvonne Kauffman, the 3rd most winning NCAA Division III coach of all-time with 673 victories. Coach Patrick played and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration-Marketing from Lebanon Valley College in 1999 and went on to complete his Master’s degree in Sports Management from Millersville University in 2008.
Coach Patrick lives in nearby Mount Joy with his wife Claudia and his children Riley and Cydney.
Program Highlights over the years…
- 2016-17 Season represented the program’s 1st win over a nationally ranked top #10 team, a 58-57 road victory over #7 Mary Washington.
- 2015-16 Ramapo Tip-off Tournament Champions with Jasmine Yanich making All-Tournament Team while Brittany Ulrich was name MVP.
- 2014-15 First program win over York College, 4 players (Becca Bailey, Kaitlyn Carmo, Kiara Carter, Jasmine Yanich) in double-digit points, Carmo and Carter both in double-digit rebounds.
- 2013-2014 Outstanding free throw shooting night (31-36) of 88.6% (Becca Bailey a perfect 11-11) leads to tough fought victory over the visiting Bobcats from Frostburg State 90-82.
- 2012-2013 Away game at Penn State Abington leads to hot shooting night from downtown connecting on 15-35 (42.9%) 3pt. attempts for a 89-72 road victory.
- 2011-2012 Dorothea Dixon became just the 9th player in NCAA history to record an ultra-rare quadrupe-double with 12 assists, 11 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 steals en route to a 91-42 win over NEAC Rival Penn State Berks.
- 2010-2011 Daril Foose owns the paint for 13 point, 10 block, 9 rebound night to secure a road win over conference rival Penn State Berks with a final score of 71-68.
- 2009-2010 Steph Yetter goes off for 28 point, 8 rebound, 5 block night on the road at Wilson College to lead the way to a 59-43 victory.
- 2008-2009 Sandra Adames goes 12-15 from the floor (80% FG ) for 26 point, 14 rebound, and 4 blocked shots in a 55-39 gritty effort win over Lancaster Bible College.