Frostburg State 74, Penn State Harrisburg 57
Mattis, Amey, Butler, Davis, and Mahan
Frostburg State Starters
Allen, Diggs, Kelly, Stotler, and Emory
How It Happened
Penn State Harrisburg's women's basketball team could not keep pace with the hot shooting Frostburg State Bobcats, falling 74-57.
Harrisburg struggled in the early going falling behind by as many as 16 points in the first quarter before the Lions started to rally. Anna Mahan would connect on a three-pointer, sparking an 8-0 run to pull Harrisburg within nine points heading to the second quarter.
The Lions would capitalize on the momentum in the second quarter going on an 11-0 run capped off by a three-pointer from Kendis Butler to take a 21-19 lead with 4:22 remaining in the second quarter. The Bobcats would respond and recapture a six-point lead heading into halftime.
The Lions defense could not contain the Bobcats shooters in the second half as Frostburg State shot 51 percent from the field. Shanique Mattis attempted to keep the Lions in the game, scoring 22 points while gathering in seven rebounds. Frostburg State would pull away in the fourth quarter, capturing the 74-57 victory.
Inside the Numbers
- The Lions were led by Shanique Mattis who scored 22 points and recorded seven rebounds
- Kendis Bulter and Anna Mahan each connected three times from behind the arc
- Harrisburg's bench players added 12 points
- The Bobcats were led by Amanda Emory who scored 26 points
- The Blue & White have now made 173 three-pointers this season ranking them in the top five nationally
The Lions will travel to face Christopher Newport in CAC action on Saturday, Jan. 19 at 2 p.m.