SUNY Cobleskill 2, Penn State Harrisburg 1
Lucas, LaVia, Velasco, Cartagena Jr., Peters, Kotby, Kirsch, Grant, Wardle, Raudabaugh, Sheldon
Vwaza, Bunker, Diop, Diedhiou, Gardener, Kessler, Doucoure, Amar, Mbow, Streeter, Maxwell
How It Happened
One day after clinching the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) Regular Season Championship, Penn State Harrisburg suffered its lone loss in league play, falling 2-1 to SUNY Cobleskill at Nittany Soccer Field in the team's regular season finale on Saturday afternoon, Nov. 2.
The Fighting Tigers (9-5-4, 7-2-2 NEAC) got on the board first with a goal in the 13th minute but Anthony LaVia tied things up with a marker of his own a little less than 10 minutes later.
Both teams played scoreless soccer for the next 60 minutes despite the Lions (14-5, 10-1 NEAC) having a few chances to finish off dangerous situations. Then, with less than seven minutes to play, Emile Vwaza netted an impressive goal from distance that held up as the game winner.
Inside the Numbers
- Cobleskill outshot the Lions 15-to-7 overall and 11-to-4 in shots on target.
- The Tigers managed six corner kicks, compared to three for Penn State Harrisburg.
- Anthony LaVia's marker was his second goal of the season.
- Matthew Sheldon made nine stops in goal for the Blue & White.
- SUNY Cobleskill goalkeeper Garrett Maxwell made three saves in earning the victory.
Penn State Harrisburg will play host to the semifinal and championship rounds of the 2019 NEAC Tournament beginning on Saturday morning, Nov. 9. The Lions will play the winner of the Lancaster Bible/SUNY Cobleskill first-round game at 11:30 a.m.