Penn State Harrisburg 3, Wells 0
Guglielmetti, Gahomera, Jones, Brewer, Aman, Velasco, Kirsch, Hubbard, Krantweiss
Jaquith, Tegas, Bove, Syms, Criswell, Edge-Wallace, Vargas, Guido, Rabe, Martinez, Butler
How It Happened
Penn State Harrisburg won its sixth game in a row by shutting out North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) foe Wells 4-0 on Saturday afternoon, Oct. 26.
Nichik got the visitors on the board first with a strike off an assist from Luke Myers in the 24th minute. The Blue & White turned it on early in the second half, with Zagorski and Aman netting their goals in a span of four minutes just after the break. Luis Velasco added a helper on Zagorski's marker.
Lucas put an exclamation point on the day's scoring by finding twine off a feed from Mohamed Kotby in the 78th minute to put things out of reach for good.
Inside the Numbers
- The Lions outshot Wells (5-11, 2-7 NEAC) 23-to-9 on the day.
- Penn State Harrisburg got off 19 shots on goal, compared to just four for the Express.
- The Blue & White racked up eight corner kicks. Wells managed just two.
- Joey Aman's goal was his team-leading 10th of the season.
- Toma Nichik's marker was his second game winner of the year.
- Haydyn Zagorksi increased his scoring output to four goals of the fall.
- Daryl Lucas' marker was the first of his collegiate career.
- Nicholas Guglielmetti made four saves in goal for the Blue & White.
- Wells goalkeeper Colton Jaquith made 13 stops on the day.
- The win, combined with SUNY Poly's loss to Lancaster Bible, put Penn State Harrisburg alone atop the NEAC standings.
The Lions return home to Nittany Soccer Field for a tough test against SUNY Poly on Friday afternoon, Nov. 1.