Penn State Harrisburg 1, Keuka 0 (OT)
Guglielmetti, Gahomera, Brewer, Aman, Nichik, Velasco, Zagorski, Krantweiss, Raudabaugh, Gartley, Myers
Miller, Sey, Millard, McKeown, Spurgeon, Tuyishimire, Callery, Rutan, Burns, Card, Velte
How It Happened
It took nearly 100 minutes but Penn State Harrisburg kept its perfect record in North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play intact thanks to a 1-0 overtime victory over league foe Keuka at Nittany Soccer Field on Saturday afternoon, Oct. 19.
With less than a minute remaining in the extra session, Shammah Gahomera corralled a ball and made a cross into the Keuka box that was bodied by Luis Velasco before Joey Aman swept in and finished off the play with a shot past goalkeeper Ryan Velte in the 99th minute, setting off a celebration on the Blue & White sideline.
The Lions (12-4, 8-0 NEAC) held advantages in both total shots and shots on goal but were especially aggressive in the overtime period, getting off five attempts and keeping the Wolves (4-9-1, 3-5 NEAC) from getting off a shot during that stretch.
Inside the Numbers
- Saturday's win was Penn State Harrisburg's fifth in a row.
- The victory was Dan Krzyzanowicz's 50th since taking over as head coach.
- The Lions held a 12-to-4 edge in total attempts and a 4-to-1 advantage in shots on frame.
- The Blue & White earned six corner kicks, compared to just two for Keuka.
- Joey Aman's marker was his team-leading ninth of the season.
- It was also Aman's third game winner of the fall.
- Shammah Gahomera's helper was his team-high fifth of the year.
- With his assist, Luis Velasco tallied his first point of the season.
- Nicholas Guglielmetti needed to make just one stop to earn the shutout victory.
- Keuka goalkeeper Ryan Velte made three saves on the day.
The Lions hit the road for the last time this fall when they travel to Wells for another conference tilt on Saturday afternoon, Oct. 26.