Penn State Harrisburg 1, Morrisville State 0
Guglielmetti, Gahomera, Jones, Brewer, Aman, Velasco, Kirsch, Zagorski, Krantweiss, Gartley, Myers
Card, Lynch, Baffour, Oyenuga, Aung, Chavez, Gardiner, Andre, Sparkowski, Ler, Elie
How It Happened
Penn State Harrisburg stayed perfect in North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play with a 1-0 shutout of Morrisville State in the first game of a weekend back-to-back in New York on Saturday afternoon, Oct. 13.
The Lions (10-4, 6-0 NEAC) broke a scoreless tie just before halftime when Luke Myers beat Morrisville goalkeeper Tyler Card for what proved to be the game-winning goal in the 37th minute.
The defense was especially strong for the Blue & White on Saturday, as the team's back line kept the hometown Mustangs (2-8-2, 1-4-1) from getting off a single shot on goal on the afternoon. With Myers' marker coming in the first half, the visitors continued to lock down Morrisville State after the break en route to another shutout victory.
Inside the Numbers
- Saturday's win was Penn State Harrisburg's seventh shutout victory of the season.
- The Lions outshot Morrisville State 18-to-3 overall.
- The Blue & White got off 12 shots on goal. The Mustangs? Zero.
- Luke Myers game winner was the first goal of his collegiate career.
- Goalkeeper Nicholas Guglielmetti did not have to make a save in earning the win.
- Morrisville goalkeeper Tyler Card made 11 stops in a losing effort.
The Lions wrap up their back-to-back in New York at Cazenovia on Sunday afternoon, Oct. 13.