Penn State Harrisburg 3, Penn State Berks 2 (OT)
Guglielmetti, Gahomera, Lucas, Jones, Aman, Velasco, Kotby, Zagorski, Wardle, Krantweiss, Gartley
Dell, Valverde, Fischer, Nguyen, Lam, Lee, Higgins, Scheetz, Bowman, Guimaraes, Khaldaoui
How It Happened
Penn State Harrisburg came from behind to defeat North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) foe Penn State Berks and remain undefeated in league play thanks to a 3-2 overtime victory on Saturday afternoon, Oct. 5.
With the score tied 2-2 early in the extra session, the Lions (9-4, 5-0) caught a break when Haydyn Zagorski crossed a dangerous ball near the Penn State Berks' goal and an opposing defender deflected it into the back of the net to end the game and give the visitors a wild win in the 93rd minute.
The game winner was made possible by an equalizer from Joey Aman following a Penn State Berks' foul in the 76th minute after the home team had grabbed a one-goal advantage less than two minutes before halftime.
Penn State Berks got on the board first when Tyler Dell finished off a cross from Jakob Fisher in the 19th minute but Shammah Gahomera drew the Lions even when he converted an attempt following a failed clear by the home team in the 35th minute.
Inside the Numbers
- Saturday's contest was Penn State Harrisburg's third consecutive overtime game.
- The Lions finished with a 14-to-8 advantage in total shots and a 6-to-5 edge in shots on goal.
- The Blue & White tallied four corner kicks, while Penn State Berks managed a pair.
- Joey Aman stayed hot, as the junior has now scored a goal in six of the last eight games.
- Aman's marker increased his team-leading points total to 13 on the year.
- Shammah Gahomera's goal was his third of the season and second this week.
- Nicholas Guglielmetti made three saves in net to earn the win for Penn State Harrisburg.
- Penn State Berks' goalkeeper Carter Lam made two stops.
The Lions get a week off from competition before returning to conference action at Morrisville State on Saturday morning, Oct. 12.