Penn State Harrisburg 2, Lancaster Bible 0
Guglielmetti, Gahomera, Jones, Brewer, Aman, Velasco, Peters, Zagorski, Krantweiss, Gartley, Myers
Deterline, Bailey, Bewersdorff, Mugisha, Saldarriaga, Hughes, Risteen, Muckle, Nelson, Yoder, Shertzer
How It Happened
Penn State Harrisburg picked up a valuable early-season victory by shutting out Lancaster Bible 2-0 in North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play at LBC's Donald H. Funk Field on Saturday afternoon, Sept. 21.
The Lions (5-3, 2-0 NEAC) got on the board first when Zagorski gathered in a through ball from Myers and put his attempt past Chargers' goalkeeper Jake Deterline in the game's 15th-minute. His marker would prove to be the difference maker on this day.
After taking the one-goal lead into halftime, the visitors kept the pressure on Lancaster Bible (4-2, 1-1 NEAC) and were eventually rewarded when the Chargers were whistled for a foul in the box. Aman took the ensuing PK and found twine to double the advantage with the 58th minute.
The Blue & White locked down to preserve the lead the rest of the way, holding Lancaster Bible to just two shots in the final 16 minutes, neither of which were on target.
Inside the Numbers
- The Lions outshot Lancaster Bible 13-to-10 overall and 5-to-2 in shots of goal.
- Each team had seven corner kick opportunities.
- Haydyn Zagorski's goal was his third overall this season. It was also his second game winner.
- Zagorski's score also upped his team-leading point total to 10 on the year.
- Joey Aman's marker was his second of the fall.
- Luke Myers tallied his first collegiate point with an assist on Zagorski's goal.
- Nicholas Guglielmetti earned his fifth win in goal on the year, making two saves for the Blue & White.
- LBC goalkeeper Jake Deterline made three stops on the day.
Conference play continues when the Lions host NEAC foe Penn State Abington at Nittany Soccer Field on Wednesday afternoon.