Penn State Harrisburg 5, Penn State Brandywine 0
Guglielmetti, Gahomera, Lucas, Jones, Brewer, Aman, Nichik, Zagorski, Cummings, Wardle, Krantweiss
Guerrero, Rochester, Roland, Ayllon-Ortiz, Majercak, Lopez, Skaer, Scrivano, Cairy, Sarafinas, DiSipio
How It Happened
Behind a second-half surge, Penn State Harrisburg rolled to a 5-0 shutout victory over Penn State Brandywine at Nittany Soccer Field on Wednesday afternoon, Sept. 11.
After 57 scoreless minutes, Jordan Ventura finally got the home team on the board when he put an attempt into the back of the net off helpers from Haydyn Zagorski and Shammah Gahomera. Less than 10 minutes later, Ahmed Samura doubled the Lions' advantage off Zagorski's second assist of the day.
After posting assists on the game's first two goals, Zagorski got into the scoring act with a marker in the 78th minute off helpers from Gahomera and Joey Aman. Then it was Aman's turn to find twine when he connected on a slow roller off feeds from Ventura and Zagorski with less than six minutes remaining.
Oscar Cartagena Jr. put an exclamation point on the afternoon's scoring when he fired a screamer past Penn State Brandywine goalkeeper Luca D'Aprano in the 85th minute off a pretty find from Darion Ferreira.
Inside the Numbers
- Penn State Harrisburg finished with a massive 24-to-2 edge in total shots.
- The Blue & White held an 11-to-1 advantage in shots on goal.
- Harrisburg got off six corner kicks, while Penn State Brandywine was awarded four.
- Haydyn Zagorski racked up five total points thanks to a goal and three assists on the day.
- Jordan Ventura posted three total points with a marker and one helper.
- Oscar Cartagena Jr.'s goal was the first of his collegiate career.
- Shammah Gahomera tallied a pair of assists.
- Penn State Harrisburg goalkeeper Nicholas Guglielmetti made just one stop in earning the victory.
- Juan Guerrero made six saves in net for the visitors.
The Lions open North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play when they host Penn College at Nittany Soccer Field on Saturday afternoon.