Penn State Harrisburg 1, Hartwick 0
Guglielmetti, Gahomera, Jones, Samura, Kirsch, Grant, Zagorski, Krantweiss, Gartley, Myers, Ferreira
Charest, Amegashie, Espinola, Zona, Muir, O'Connor, Budwar, Crawford, Bertone, Craft, Wholihan
How It Happened
Penn State Harrisburg started its two-day road trip to New York with a 1-0 shutout victory at Hartwick on Saturday afternoon, Sept. 7.
The Lions (2-2) improved to the .500 mark behind a game-winning goal from Haydyn Zagorski just after halftime. Aaron Cummings and Toma Nichik added helpers on the play; a through ball that Zagorski finished off from inside the 18-yard line.
The Blue & White defense also performed well, as the back line held the Hawks (1-1) from getting off a shot on goal until the 83rd minute. Goalkeeper Nicholas Guglielmetti turned away the attempt before also making the stop on a shot by Joey Bertone three minutes later.
The home team kept searching for the equalizer and got off two more attempts in the final three minutes but neither was on target.
Inside the Numbers
- The win was the second for the Lions over Hartwick in as many seasons.
- Penn State Harrisburg finished with a 13-to-7 edge in total attempts and a 4-to-2 advantage in shots on goal.
- The Blue & White also held a 6-to-1 edge in corner kicks.
- Haydyn Zagorski's marker was the first of his collegiate career.
- Toma Nichik picked up his second assist of the season.
- Nicholas Guglielmetti made a pair of saves in goal to earn the victory for the Lions.
- Hartwick goalkeeper Aidan Wholihan made three stops on the day.
The Lions wrap up their weekend at the Mayor's Cup when they take on SUNY Oneonta on Sunday afternoon.