La Plume, Pa. – The Penn State Harrisburg men's soccer team traveled to face off against Keystone College on Tuesday September 19, 2017. It was the last game prior to the Blue and White starting Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) action this Saturday. The Lions were able to battle back twice to even the score, but the Giants third goal proved enough to claim a 3-2 win in the evenly matched contest.
Keystone College 3 vs Penn State Harrisburg 2
Penn State Harrisburg Starters:
Malcom Moreira, Andrew Lupinacci, Kouassi Kouadio, Rolando Rodriguez, Daniel Zuniga, Carlos Bonilla, Talhah Netherlin, Michael Nyarko, Jalen Freeman, Matthew Sim, Khadim Thiam
Inside the Numbers:
- Team Records: Penn State Harrisburg (6-2) vs Keystone (5-2)
- Shots: Harrisburg 13 vs Keystone 14
- Shots on Goal: Harrisburg 8 vs Keystone 6
- Corner Kicks: Harrisburg 2 vs Keystone 1
- Saves: Harrisburg 3 vs Keystone 6
How it Happened:
- Keystone scored first in the 24th minute thanks to Khadim Thiam.
- Harrisburg equalized in the 29th minute with the help of Justin Elnahrawy.
- The game was even at the half with Keystone outshooting the Lions 8-2.
- In the second half, the story line remained the same. Thiam scored his second of the day to take an early second half 2-1 lead.
- The Lions again tied the game, this time due to the efforts of center back Christian Schmoyer. His header goal in the 64th minute was off a restart from Alex West.
- Despite a second half with the Blue and White outshooting the Giants 11-6, Keystone produced the final goal to claim a 3-2 win.
Penn State Harrisburg:
- Justin Elnahrawy: 2 shots, 1 goal
- Christian Schmoyer: 1 shot, 1 goal
- Nicholas Guglielmetti: 3 saves in net
- Khadim Thiam: 2 Shots, 2 goals
- Daniel Zuniga,: 3 Shots, 1 goal, game winner
The Lions will travel on Saturday September 23rd for their first CAC contest. Harrisburg will face off against St. Mary's (4-4), kick off is at 3:30pm following the women's game.