– The Penn State Harrisburg men's soccer team weathered the storm of the first 15 minutes when Ramapo College looked dangerous in the final third. The Road Runners earned a multitude of free kicks just outside the Lions 18 yard box, but were unable to connect. After a scoreless first half, The Blue and White played with passion and purpose in the second on way to an impressive 3-0 win to start their season.
Penn State Harrisburg 3 vs Ramapo 0
Penn State Harrisburg Starters:
Sprague, Charkowski, Fala, Inahuazo, Kestleboym, Albrecht, Mimini, DeNovaes, Livanis, White
Inside the Numbers:
- Team Records: Penn State Harrisburg (1-0) vs Ramapo (0-1)
- Shots: Harrisburg 10 vs Ramapo 12
- Shots on Goal: Harrisburg 6 vs Ramapo 4
- Corner Kicks: Harrisburg 3 vs Ramapo 4
- Saves: Harrisburg 4 vs Ramapo 3
How it Happened:
- Both teams battled back and forth throughout the first half while Ramapo earned some dangerous free kicks in the first 15 minutes, but were unable to convert.
- Harrisburg had two quality chances were crosses rolled across the goal box and needed just a final touch to score.
- Chase Vilga put the Lions in front with his first goal on the season. The goal was set up thanks to a well-placed pass from Creasy Lopez
- Seizing the momentum, Joey Aman add a second goal. Aman was assisted by Alex West.
- Toma Nichik put the game out of reach with the Lions third goal of the game. His effort was setup by another great pass from Alex West
Thoughts from Coach K:
"I thought the boys worked extremely hard today. At halftime, we talked about a couple of adjustments that we wanted to see them make. We thought the energy was high in the first half, the quality and execution was exactly where we needed it to be. So the second half really I thought they heard the information we gave them and came out, scored a couple of goals, and executed. And I couldn't be prouder"
Penn State Harrisburg:
- Chase Vilga: Goal
- Joey Aman: Goal
- Toma Nichik: Goal
- Alex West: 2 Assists
- Hunter Cooper: 4 saves in net
Penn State Harrisburg will be back in action at home, tomorrow, September 2nd, against Pitt-Bradford at 12:00 PM.