Penn State Harrisburg 84, Cazenovia 67
Baylor-Carroll, Haynes, Scott III, Curry, Daniels
Wilder, Richardson, Jones, W. Cutler, N. Cutler
How It Happened
Penn State Harrisburg pulled away from North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) opponent Cazenovia in the second half en route to an 84-67 road victory on Friday night, Feb. 21.
The Lions (17-7, 13-2 NEAC) were led by a game-high 31 points from Donyae Baylor-Carroll, while both Nate Curry and Dylan Daniels recorded double-doubles. Curry posted 17 points and 12 rebounds, Daniels finished with 10 points and 12 boards and Zegary Scott III just missed out on a double-double of his own with 16 points and nine assists.
After taking a 40-35 lead into halftime, the Blue & White came to life following the break and put together a 12-4 run that included seven points from Curry and extended the advantage to 52-39 less than three minutes into the second half.
The Wildcats (9-15, 7-8 NEAC) were able to cut the deficit to single digits when Majesty Wilder converted a layup and drew the home team to within nine at 56-47 with 12:55 left to play but the visitors responded with a 19-4 spurt that culminated in a Baylor-Carroll 4-point play that ballooned the lead to 75-51 with 7:09 remaining.
Cazenovia pulled to within 16 points in the final minutes but a Curry 3-ball off a Scott III feed followed by a Pedro Rodriguez layup off a Baylor-Carroll assist pushed the advantage back to 20-plus with little more than two minutes left, ending any and all chances for the home team.
Inside the Numbers
- The Lions shot 47.2 percent from the floor and 41.4 percent from 3-point land.
- Cazenovia managed to shoot 37.3 percent from the field and just 29.6 percent from beyond the arc.
- The teams combined to shoot just 10 free throws on the night.
- The Blue & White dominated on the glass, outrebounding the home team 52-35.
- Donyae Baylor-Carroll buried seven 3-pointers en route to racking up a game-high 31 points. He also grabbed six rebounds.
- Nate Curry recorded his eighth double-double of the year with 17 points and 12 rebounds.
- Dylan Daniels also posted his eighth double-double of the season with 10 points and 12 boards. He also added five blocks.
- Zegary Scott III racked up 16 points on 8-12 shooting and a game-best nine assists.
- Pedro Rodriguez contributed off the bench with 10 rebounds, five points and four assists.
- Blake Bagozzi led the way for Cazenovia with a team-high 15 points.
The Blue & White have already wrapped up the NEAC South crown and earned a first-round bye in the upcoming NEAC Tournament. The winner of tomorrow's Penn State Harrisburg/Morrisville State contest will secure the conference's regular season title and clinch home court advantage throughout the league's playoff tournament.
The Lions wrap up the regular season with a conference tilt at Morrisville State on Saturday afternoon, Feb. 22.