Penn State Harrisburg 111, Penn State Berks 67
Baylor-Carroll, Haynes, Scott III, Curry, Daniels
Alexandre, Houck, Rodriguez, Koroma, Coulibaly
How It Happened
Penn State Harrisburg racked up a season-high single-game point total in a dominant 111-67 road victory over North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) foe Penn State Berks on Tuesday night, Feb. 18.
The Lions (16-7, 12-2 NEAC) got double-digit scoring efforts from four players in Nate Curry (15 points), Chris Haynes (15 points), Robby Bobeck (15 points) and Donyae Baylor-Carroll (14 points). Curry led the way with nine rebounds, while Zegary Scott III and Pedro Rodriguez each dished out a team-high seven assists.
The visitors took their first double-digit lead of the night when Scott III converted a layup off a Rodriguez feed to make it 21-10 at the 10:57 mark. From there, the Blue & White never looked back, with a Haynes 3-ball stretching the advantage to 40-19 with 4:29 remaining before halftime and seven straight points from Bobeck pushing the Lions past the half-century mark with less than a minute left in the opening half.
The Blue & White opened the second half with a 14-0 run capped by a Baylor-Carroll 3-pointer that extended the margin to 65-24 with 17:09 remaining. Penn State Harrisburg showed no let up the lead eventually ballooned to 45 points following a Kobe Petrovich 3-ball with 6:18 left to play.
Donald Friday Jr. pushed the Lions past the century mark with a jumper at the 4:23 mark and Charles Faulconer capped the game's scoring with a layup off a Bobeck assist with less than a minute left to play.
Inside the Numbers
- Tuesday's victory was the second game this season during which Penn State Harrisburg reached the 100-point total.
- The Lions shot a stout 65.6 percent from the field and an impressive 50 percent from 3-point range.
- Penn State Berks managed to shoot just 33.9 percent from the floor and 25 percent from distance.
- The Blue & White won the rebounding battle 36-27.
- Penn State Harrisburg's bench outscored the home team's reserves 51-28.
- The Lions scored 50 points in the paint and 21 points off Penn State Berks turnovers.
- Nate Curry just missed out on a double-double with 15 points and nine rebounds.
- Chris Haynes tallied 15 points, buried four 3-pointers and pulled down five boards.
- Robby Bobeck netted a career-high 15 points on 7-of-9 shooting off the bench.
- Donyae Baylor-Carroll finished with 14 points.
- Zegary Scott III dished out seven assists to go along with nine points.
- Dylan Daniels had seven points and five blocks.
- Kobe Petrovich netted seven points in a reserve role.
- Pedro Rodriguez racked up six points, seven assists and five rebounds off the bench.
- All 13 Penn State Harrisburg players that saw the floor scored.
- Xavian Rodriguez led the way for Penn State Berks with 14 points and nine rebounds.
With two games left to play, Penn State Harrisburg continues to sit atop the NEAC South Division standings with a conference record of 12-2.
The Lions travel to Cazenovia for their penultimate game of the regular season on Friday, Feb. 21.