Penn State Harrisburg 91, Lancaster Bible 65
Baylor-Carroll, Haynes, Scott III, Curry, Daniels
Norris, Beachy, Beers, Afoakwah, Shewbridge
How It Happened
Penn State Harrisburg earned another convincing victory over a conference opponent on Wednesday night, this time defeating North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) foe Lancaster Bible 91-65 on the road to secure the season sweep.
Nate Curry nearly posted a double-double with a career-high 26 points and nine rebounds, while Pedro Rodriguez also poured in a career-high 20 points. Donyae Baylor-Carroll netted 14 points and Dylan Daniels was the fourth Blue & White player to reach double digits with 10 and six boards.
The game's first seven minutes were a back-and-forth affair, with the Chargers (9-10, 7-3 NEAC) pulling ahead 13-11 off a Jordan Shewbridge 3-pointer but the Lions (13-6, 9-1 NEAC) responded with a 14-0 run that included eight consecutive points from Baylor-Carroll.
Lancaster Bible made a push late in the half to pull to within six before a Daniels' jumper stopped the run and made it 39-31 heading into halftime. Leading by seven with 15:29 left to play, the visitors took hold of all the momentum when they put together a 17-3 spurt capped by a Rodriguez 3-ball with 11:22 remaining.
Later in the half, it was Curry coming to life, knocking down three jumpers in a row, including two from 3-point territory, to extend the Penn State Harrisburg lead to 28 with less than six minutes left to play. Chris Haynes converted a pair of free throws a minute later to put the Blue & White ahead by 30 for the first time and that was more than enough to put it away for good.
Inside the Numbers
- With the victory, Penn State Harrisburg improved its recent win streak to seven in a row.
- The Lions shot 51.6 percent from the floor and 54.2 percent from beyond the arc.
- Lancaster Bible managed to shoot just 38.1 percent from the field and 41.2 percent from 3-point range.
- The Chargers finished with a slim 33-31 edge in the rebounding department.
- The Penn State Harrisburg bench outscored the LBC reserves 28-15.
- Nate Curry just missed out on a double-double with a career-best 26 points and nine rebounds.
- Pedro Rodriguez dropped a career-high 20 points on 5-of-6 shooting from 3-point territory to go along with four boards, two assists and two steals.
- Donyae Baylor-Carroll netted 14 points, dished out five assists and swiped three steals.
- Dylan Daniels had 10 points, six rebounds and four blocks.
- Zegary Scott III dished out seven assists to go along with four points.
- Chris Haynes just missed out on double digits with nine points and four rebounds.
- Lancaster Bible was led by Jordan Shewbridge's game-high 29 points.
With the sweep of the Chargers, Penn State Harrisburg secured a two-game lead on the top spot in the NEAC's South Division with six games to play.
The Lions host Penn State Abington for another conference matchup on Saturday afternoon.