Penn State Harrisburg 82, Lancaster Bible 56
Baylor-Carroll, Haynes, Scott III, Curry, Daniels
Bechler, Beachy, Beers, Afoakwah, Shewbridge
How It Happened
Penn State Harrisburg used a balanced attack to blow past North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) foe Lancaster Bible 82-56 at the Capital Union Building on Friday night, Jan. 17.
Four players reached the double-digit scoring mark, led by Dylan Daniels' 17 points. Nate Curry recorded a double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds, Pedro Rodriguez had 14 points and eight boards off the bench and Donyae Baylor-Carroll racked up 13.
The contest began as a back-and-forth affair but the Lions (8-6, 4-1 NEAC) took control when they stretched a 28-23 advantage to double figures thanks to layups from Josh Martin and Baylor-Carroll and a pair of free throws from Zegary Scott III late in the first half.
Jordan Shewbridge converted a pair of foul shots at the 1:57 mark but that proved the last points the Chargers (5-9, 3-2 NEAC) managed in the opening half as the Blue & White closed it out on a 6-0 run to push the lead to 47-29 at the break.
The home team kept the pressure on to begin the second half and the advantage stretched to 22 thanks to back-to-back Curry jumpers out of the break. Penn State Harrisburg kept the visitors at bay and a Charles Faulconer 3-ball with 6:20 remaining ballooned the lead to 30.
Inside the Numbers
- The Lions shot 51.8 percent from the floor and 31.8 percent from beyond the arc.
- Lancaster Bible shot 33.9 percent from the field and managed just 15.4 percent shooting from 3-point range.
- The Blue & White won the rebounding battle 40-33.
- Penn State Harrisburg registered assists on 21 of the team's 29 made field goals.
- The Lions netted 17 points off Charger turnovers.
- Middletown Police Department Officer Adam Tankersley served as an honorary assistant coach for Friday's contest.
- Dylan Daniels was the high man for the home team with 17 points. He added six rebounds and five blocks.
- Nate Curry recorded his fourth double-double of the year with 16 points and 12 boards.
- Pedro Rodriguez was impressive off the bench and finished with 14 points, eight rebounds and four assists.
- Donyae Baylor-Carroll tallied 13 points to go along with three rebounds, a pair of assists, one steal and a block.
- Zegary Scott III racked up nine points, seven rebounds and three steals.
- Charles Faulconer netted a career-high seven points in 14 minutes off the bench.
- Jordan Shewbridge scored 14 points to lead the way for Lancaster Bible.
The Lions continue conference play when they travel to Penn State Abington on Wednesday night, Jan. 21.