Penn State Harrisburg 85, Washington College 78
Baylor-Carroll, Haynes, Scott III, Rodriguez, Daniels
Wright, Allen, Brown, Lewis, Marshall
How It Happened
Five Penn State Harrisburg players reached the double-digit scoring mark during the team's 85-78 victory at Washington College on Saturday afternoon, Nov. 23.
The Lions (4-1) were led by a big-time outing by Dylan Daniels that saw him narrowly miss out on a triple-double with 20 points, 11 rebounds and eight blocks. Nate Curry netted 16 points, while Zegary Scott III and Donyae Baylor-Carroll added 15 points apiece. Pedro Rodriguez chipped in with 12 points of his own.
The Blue & White erased an early 13-3 deficit, made it a game midway through the first half and pulled ahead for the first time when Rodriguez buried a 3-pointer to put the visitors out in front 23-21 with 6:59 left before the break.
From there, Penn State Harrisburg ended the first half on a 19-14 spurt capped by a Baylor-Carrol jumper that made it 42-35 heading into the break.
The Shoremen opened the second half on a 10-4 run that cut the deficit to one with 17:55 left to play. Following a Blue & White timeout, Daniels got the visitors back on track with some timely buckets before Washington College used a couple of jumpers from beyond the arc to stay within striking distance down the stretch.
The Lions expanded the advantage to nine following a Rodriguez jump shot with 1:58 remaining but again the home team hung around and pulled to within four with less than 30 seconds left. Rodriguez and Scott III answered the call, however, converting crucial free throws to seal the victory.
Inside the Numbers
- The Lions shot 45.8 percent from the field and 31.6 percent from beyond the arc.
- Penn State Harrisburg got to the foul line 31 times, converting 25 free throws.
- The Blue & White won the battle on the glass 45-to-30.
- Dylan Daniels had a great outing, posting 20 points, 11 rebounds and eight blocks.
- Nate Curry racked up 16 points and seven rebounds in a reserve role.
- Zegary Scott III just missed out on a double-double with 15 points and nine assists. He also tallied six rebounds.
- Donyae Baylor-Carroll netted 15 points to go along with two steals, two assists and a pair of rebounds.
- Pedro Rodriguez also nearly notched a double-double with 12 points and nine boards.
- Dallas Marshall led the way for the Shoremen with 20 points and seven rebounds.
The Lions return to action at Messiah on Tuesday night, Nov. 26.