Penn State Harrisburg 73, Lancaster Bible 62
Coleman, Baylor-Carroll, Scott III, Rodriguez, Daniels
DeFilippo, Catchings, Boussatta, DeGroot, Monaghan
How It Happened
Penn State Harrisburg opened its 2019-20 campaign with a 73-62 victory over Marywood on the first day of the Penn State Harrisburg Tip-Off Tournament presented by Comfort Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport – Hershey South on Saturday, Nov. 9.
The Blue & White jumped out to a 16-3 lead thanks to an early run capped by a Coleman 3-pointer at the 13:24 mark of the first half but the Pacers (0-1) responded with 15 consecutive points to take their first lead of the game.
The teams traded buckets until Scott III laid one in off the glass with 22 seconds left before the break and Penn State Harrisburg took a 32-31 advantage into halftime.
The home team opened the second half with an 11-to-2 run capped by a Coleman layup that pushed the lead to 43-33 with 16:10 left to play but again Marywood roared back with a 12-to-3 run that cut the deficit to one at the 12:24 mark.
Leading 62-60 little more than four minutes to play, the Lions netted eight unanswered points over the next three minutes and change to pull away for good and clinch a spot in the tournament's championship game on Sunday.
Inside the Numbers
- Penn State Harrisburg shot 41.8 percent from the floor, while the Pacers shot 33.3 percent from the field.
- The Lions assisted on 20 of the 28 made baskets.
- Marywood turned it over 16 times, with the Blue & White tallying eight steals.
- The Lions outrebounded the visitors 44-to-41.
- The Blue & White racked up 12 total blocks on the day.
- Brandon Coleman had a big night, netting 23 points, dishing out eight assists, pulling down six boards, blocking two shots and swiping two steals.
- Dylan Daniels scored 12 points, grabbed nine rebounds and blocked eight shots.
- Zegary Scott III had 11 points, four assists and four boards.
- Pedro Rodriguez netted 10 points, grabbed six rebounds and had two steals.
- Nate Curry had eight points and four boards off the bench.
- Donyae Baylor-Carroll dished out seven dimes and corralled four rebounds.
- Adam Boussatta led the Pacers with 15 points.
- Jack DeGroot had a double-double with 13 points and 12 boards for Marywood.
The Lions host Widener at the Capital Union Building in the championship game of the Penn State Harrisburg Tip-Off Tournament presented by Comfort Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport – Hershey South on Sunday evening. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m.