Penn State Harrisburg (54) York (Pa.) (53)
-Gbolahan Alliyu grabbed a season-high 19 rebounds to go with nine points to defeat the York College (Pa.) Spartans in a game that saw a number of shifts in momentum between the two squads. Marquese Daniels and Khalil White both led the team with 12 points apiece.
Penn State Harrisburg Starters
York (Pa.) Starters
Jason Bady, Matt Scamuffo, Mike Frauenheim, Darin Gordon, Blayde Reich
Penn State Harrisburg (7-10, 4-6 CAC) York (Pa.) (11-6, 6-4 CAC)
● Khalil White made his return off the bench after a three-game absence and led the team in scoring in the first half with eight points in seven minutes, including two-of-three from downtown.
● Overall, the team really struggled in the first half from beyond the arc, sinking three of their 11 attempts.
● Alliyu was a force in the first half, grabbing seven rebounds to go along with three blocks
● Each team came out playing noticeably different styles of ball, with Penn State Harrisburg using their physicality and athleticism to score on the fast-break, while York used their discipline and ball movement to beat Harrisburg on the other end.
● Penn State's bench (31 minutes) outscored the starters (69 minutes), 12-9 in the first half.
● Penn State Harrisburg did a good job early on of creating plenty of open looks, but was simply unable to make many of their baskets fall, shooting 39% in the first half
● The pace picked up in the second half. York led by as much as nine points early on, but Penn State Harrisburg stormed back late to take control. The Lions outscored the Spartans 33-26 in the second half.
● The game had seven ties and six lead changes.
● Neither team has ever won at home in the series since Penn State Harrisburg joined the CAC.
● Up one with only four seconds left in the game, York forced a turnover, but lost it almost immediately before getting a shot off at half court, which preserved the win for the Lions.
Penn State Harrisburg will travel to Christopher Newport on Saturday January 28th for a 4 pm tip-off against the Captains