Alma Mater - Rutgers 2003, Bucknell (Masters 2010)
- Danielle Lynch is the first men's and women's track & field head coach in Penn State Harrisburg history. Lynch also serves as our Senior Woman Administrator, Student Athlete Welfare Coordinator and Student Athlete Advisory Committee Advisor.
- Penn State Harrisburg's first national qualifier and All-American, Cameron Yon, is a part of Lynch's team and returns as a sophomore this year.
- In the fall of 2013, Lynch helped the Lions to win their home invitational match for the first time in school history.
- Lynch takes over at Penn State Harrisburg following an eight-year stint as an assistant at Bucknell where she coached the sprinters, middle distance runners and hurdlers under Bison head coach Kevin Donner. Lynch coached over 30 Patriot League champions and 20 of her runners hold school records at Bucknell. Several of her student-athletes were NCAA Regional and Junior National Qualifiers.
- Prior to her time at Bucknell, Lynch spent two years as an assistant at Army. She coached the sprinters and hurdlers and helped the Black Knights men’s team win two Patriot League outdoor championships, as well as an IC4A outdoor title.
- A hurdling standout and graduate of Rutgers, Lynch competed in the sprints, hurdles and multi events and was named co-captain and MVP of the Scarlet Knights women’s team her senior year. She clocked a 400 hurdle time of 58.28 and competed at the NCAA Championships, USATF National Championships and in the 2004 U.S. Olympic Trials.
- Lynch is a charter member of the Alliance for Women’s Coaches, an NCAA Women’s Coaching Academy Graduate and the Graduate Chapter President and Undergraduate Advisor of the Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Incorporated, Susquehanna University and Penn State Harrisburg.
- After earning her Bachelor of Arts in Geography and Anthropology from Rutgers in 2003, Lynch earned her Masters of Science in Education from Bucknell in 2010 and is currently pursuing her doctorate in Adult Education. She resides in Harrisburg, Pa. with her husband, Tony, her daughter, Olivia, and son, Anthony.