Penn State Harrisburg
Men’s Basketball Coaches Clinic
Sunday October 26th
Penn State Harrisburg Men's Basketball Varsity Only Clinic
For registration questions please contact email@example.com or call 814-867-4973.
For camp information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717-948-6744.
Date: Sunday, Oct. 5, 2014
Time: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Where: Penn State Harrisburg's Capital Union Building (CUB)
Price: $75.00 regular cost, $60.00 (early-bird discount if registered by Sep. 22, 2014)
Overview: Penn State Harrisburg is bringing together 80 high school boys' basketball varsity players (grades 9-12) for individual work and outstanding scrimmage play. The clinic's format will be structured like a college practice; players are expected to be in excellent condition. The clinic will be directed by Penn State Harrisburg Head Coach Don Friday and will feature guest college and high school coaches. All players will receive a reversible mesh jersey at registration which they may keep when the clinic has concluded.
Sessions will touch on the following areas:
- Positional breakdowns for perimeter,
swing and backcourt players
- Individual offense; moves off the dribble/pass
- Shooting drills as individuals and as a team; game speed
- Post play: high-post, low-post and post defense
- Transition breakdowns and scrimmages
- 1-on-1 play, 3-on-3 play and 4-on-4 from all areas of the floor
- Weight training and agilities demonstration
- Information pertaining to college recruitment at Division I, II and III levels
- Ability to compete in drills and competition against other advanced players